This policy describes how the Knights of Columbus Bishop of Pittsburgh Diocese Project (or “the project”, “we”, or “us”) treats the personally identifiable information that is collected about you when you visit and enter information via this Web site.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this Web site, you consent to this transfer.
What is “Personally Identifiable Information”?
“Personally Identifiable Information” is information that we can use to identify you as an individual. Personally identifiable information includes your name, address, telephone number and any other information (such as e-mail) that is connected with you personally.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
We generally collect personally identifiable information with your specific knowledge and consent (because it is provided via data field entry). For instance, when you make a donation via our Web site you are asked to provide information such as your name and shipping address. By providing this information, you are not registering (establishing an account) with the project.
We use this personally identifiable information as follows:
1. To mail confirmation of donations (as applicable)
2. In very rare occasions, to identify/provide “insufficient funds” documentation.
3. To reconcile our banking account statement/information.
4. To perform trend analysis from where (by Knights of Columbus council, Diocese of Pittsburgh parish, or zip code) donations are received
We do NOT
1. Retain personally identifiable information (name and donation amount) beyond the end of the Fiscal Year’s audit of records. We do not receive credit card, banking account, or PayPal account information from PayPal. (We use PayPal for the purpose of removing the project from having financial account information and providing necessary security practices.)
2. Attempt to contact you (or market to you) in current or subsequent fiscal years soliciting additional donations.
3. Publish information about you on the Web site.
4. Provide (via sale, rent, exchange, or gratuitous offer) contact information to any other organization or other Knights of Columbus programs/projects.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, we may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Note: Though this policy statement applies to use of the Web site, the same uses and restrictions addressed in this section are applied to personally identifiable information obtained/collected via mail, however, mailed donations (checks) show us banking account information that we do not retain.
Do We Use “Cookies”?
Do We Collect Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses?
Use of Photos
We will occasionally post photos on this Web site from our or participating Knights of Columbus council sponsored public events.
Contact us via our Contact page or write to us at:
Knights of Columbus Diocese of Pittsburgh Bishop’s Project
PO Box 9691
Pittsburgh, PA 15226